Monday, June 4, 2012

Power Cooking, all in a days work.

Power cooking. I used to do a lot more of this when all 4 boys lived at home. Here is what I made today.

                                     
Chicken& noodles with mashed potatoes, Meatloaf with twice baked potatoes, Porcupine meatballs with mashed potatoes, Chicken riggis, Burritos in a  jar ( thanks for the recipe pinterest), Chicken chili,cut a roast in half for carne asada and the other half for beef stroganoff with noodles.  I think that about covers it!

Just a hint if you ever want to try this. I shopped for all the ingredients a day ahead of time, and then cut all the vegis that i would need at one time. I cooked 3 whole chickens to use the meat in 3 of the recipes  and then put the chicken broth into jars to use as I finish the preparations the night of the meal.  I also clean up as I go, washing pans and using them over again. That way I don't have such a big mess to clean up when I am done.  If you don't want to or don't have time to do all this in one day you can try cooking enough at dinner for 2 meals and freeze 1 of the meals for a later day.
Well I am wiped out but still  have to feed the family tonight. I wonder if I can talk jeff into ordering pizza tonight !! :) 
Have you ever power cooked? what is your favorite things to cook ahead of time?

1 comment:

  1. im tired just reading this - your hard work will pay off though. I like to make big bathces of spaghetti sauce, taco meat, soups, and boil all my noodles at once and freeze.

    ReplyDelete