Friday, May 11, 2012

I am such a dork!


I have a bird feeder on my back deck and have seen many different birds. This morning I glanced out the window and caught sight of a bird I had not seen before. It was the most brilliant color of yellow, so bright and pretty. I grabbed my camera  to get a picture of it but realized I didn't have the close up lense on it.  I ran down the stairs to find the other lense all the while praying that the bird would still be there. I grabbed the lense and went running back up the steps to the back door. The bird was still there , I was so excited . I started taking pictures only to realize the camera wasn't  working. What the heck? The battery is charged, oh, duh  the memory card wasn't in the camera so once again I ran down stairs to find it. By this time the dogs were all caught up in the excitiment and were running up and down the steps barking. I was hoping they wouldn't scare the bird away! I got the memory card put it in the camera, put the right lense on  and slowly made my way to the back door while trying to quiet the dogs, and catching my breathing from running up and down the steps.  I was so excited to see it was still there !  It stayed long enough for me to get a few pictures and even sang alittle for me!  I am such a dork to get so excited over a little bird, don't you think so ?

No comments:

Post a Comment